Terms and Conditions
Quote subject to:
1. The client is to provide suitable 230V 50Hz AC power at all the points of installation, to firstly facilitate the installation process and secondly to power the installed equipment. If this is not possible and/or unavailable during the commissioning, configuration, training and hand-over phases, and the client cannot supply a suitable generator, then if so requested, Green Point Solar will supply a generator at cost + insurance + fuel + 10% admin fee. The max payment retention is 2.5%, unless otherwise negotiated.
2. All cabling trays, conduits, sleeves, trunking, manholes, chasing and trenching is to be done by the client or the electrical contractor, unless specifically specified and quoted by Green Point Solar.
3. All power backup and surge protection to be supplied by the client, unless specifically specified and quoted by Green Point Solar.
4. On proof of delivery of Solar systems the total risk moves from the contractor to the client. The client shall not in dispute on this matter delay payments, delay completion of work by the contractor or hinder the contractor in the reasonable completion of his work.
5. The client will provide the contractor before any work is performed by the contractor, with a place of safety for storage of all tools and Solar systems for the full duration of the contract.
6. In the event that any changes to the physical environment (within which Green Point Solar must install any equipment) may occur after the Green Point Solar site visit, or discrepancies between plans supplied to Green Point Solar by the client and final conditions encountered by Green Point Solar, Green Point Solar will in reasonable time indicate the cost and time delay implications to the client, and the client will not in unreasonable manner disallow for these changes to the original quote.
7. In the event of the client delaying the completion of the project due to negligence, unreasonable hindering of Green Point Solar staff members or the actions of a third party, Green Point Solar will hold the client responsible for all time and cost implications.
8. The quality measurement of the project will in any case of dissatisfaction by the client, be performed by an adjudicator being a member of the Board for Consulting Engineers acceptable to both parties, on the costs of the client. Green Point Solar will then complete the changes as suggested by the adjudicator, at own cost.
9. In the event of a dispute developing between the client and Green Point Solar, a registered CA or Attorney acceptable to both parties, will be contracted to resolve the matter and determine cost application. No other agreement exists between the client and Green Point Solar unless put in writing, signed by Green Point Solar and the client and amended to this document
1. All Call-out work or direct purchases such as identity tags are performed on a C.O.D (Seven days) basis.
2. All Maintenance Contracts are payable 30 days in advance.
3. All Solar systems costs emanating from Maintenance Contracts are payable on a C.O.D (Seven days) basis.
1st Invoice on acceptance of quotation, for minimum. 75% of contract.
2nd Invoice on completion of Solar systems for the remaining 25% of the contract. Installation is seen as completed when the full system is installed, commissioning of system will be done after completion. Final payment can not be delayed due to factors beyond the control of Green Point Solar, this will include power supply from the grid to the installation.
All equipment, Solar systems and software remain the property of Green Point Solar until full and final payment. This agreement is not affected by the change of ownership of the property on which Green Point Solar installed the equipment, Solar systems and software
Guarantee (new equipment): As per standard manufacturers guarantee from date of invoice 12 Month guarantee on workmanship conducted by Green Point Solar’s technicians. Does not cover damages caused by negligent operation, overloading and Force Majeure.
Guarantee (Demo equipment): Item swap out is applicable; however, the guarantee is voided and does not cover damages caused by negligent operation, overloading and Force Majeure.
Guarantee (repaired equipment): Repairers guarantee is applicable; however, the guarantee is voided and does not cover damages caused by negligent operation, overloading and Force Majeure.
Limitation of liability:
Green Point Solar’s liability on any claim for loss or liability arising out of or connected with this contract, or the manufacture, sale, delivery, resale, or use of any apparatus covered by this contract (including but not limited to, loss or liability arising from breach of contract, negligence or otherwise) shall in no case exceed in the aggregate the unit price of such apparatus or part thereof involved in the claim. In no event shall the Company be liable for special indirect or consequential costs or damages.
Failure of hybrid solar systems areal so caused by worn out or faulty circuits i.e. Earth leakage breakers, circuit breakers, loose connections and incorrect earthing. In such cases the guarantee is voided and does not cover damages caused by negligent operation, overloading and Force Majeure.